Saturday, August 30, 2008

Back in Kingston

So I'm back in Kingston after a relaxing time out of the country (but no more than a 2 hour drive away from it...), and am delving headfirst into my life as a university sports journalist.

First, though, a small point. In the article I wrote about beach volleyball uniforms, I linked three risqé pictures. From those pictures, I have gotten close to 100 hits. I'm not sure how I feel about that... while on the one hand it's awesome that I'm getting so many hits, it kind of cheeses me off that all those people are entirely missing the point of the article. Dammit.

Anyways, the past few days have been pretty busy in the world of sports.

First - professional sport. The Sens traded Andrej Mezaros to the Lightning for Filip Kuba, Alexandre Picard and San Jose's 2009 first round draft pick (let's hope the Sharks tank*).

Second - new uniforms. Queen's updated it's look and have gone for more uniformity, if you will, across all its sports. Adidas is making the gear - I really hope they sell caps with the new Queen's logo because I will buy that in a second. Here's a slideshow where it goes through all the uniforms for Queen's sports. Oh, and we're now called the Queen's Gaels. To be honest I like all the changes - Golden Gaels sounded fruity to everyone not at Queen's... so yeah I like it.

Third - Queen's sports. Men's Rugby beat Dartmouth 19-0 today to kick off an annual preseason tournament. They will meet West Point tomorrow, a game I'll be covering. Not a chance of a liveblog but I'll probably throw up a summary post-game sometime. Men's basketball continued their mingling with Americans when they beat South Alabama in 102-94 in triple OT in Ottawa today.
----------------
* My obligatory pun.

No comments: