Friday, October 31, 2008

The Sens changed their entrance song? Also known as the 'Every Link is a YouTube Link' article

Quoi le merde??

So apparently the Sens have changed their classic entrance song to some ditty by a band called Rev Theory. This ditty, in fact.

Now, I must ask - double-you-tea-eph? It seems to be in a long line of weird pre-game fuckups the Sens organization has been getting up to in the past year.

Is it just me - or is he the biggest fail soldier ever? His helmet almost falls off a few times, the mic keeps cutting out, he's not all that ripped, and he doesn't look like a fucking CENTURION, which is the bloody point, isn't it? Fuck, I'm still bitter.

At any rate, I don't really understand the point of changing the song. Or at least, to that particular Rev Theory song, who have a much better hockey song that someone put to hockey clips, and is awesome.

Anyways, there's an increasing (dare I say it) Americanization of everything we're doing over at The Bank of late. The Spartan: from California. Rev Theory: from Massachusets (sp?*). Most of this wishy washy ridiculousness? Things you'd expect to see at a game in Tampa to try to excite fans who aren't already excited.

PST. Sens organization! Canadians already like hockey! We're already excited! Really, I promise. The kitchy bullshit isn't neccesary! You don't need to try to excite us with fancy laser-light shows and Spartans and all that jazz. Just the montage of our team during the classic Roman-themed badassery track is nice, that's all. Really. I promise.

Thanks to James Gordon at Hockey Capital for posting his article where I found out about this and finding the clips that I ultimately borrowed.

Oh, and for your enjoyment. God Bless Hocky indeed.
------------
* My english teacher used to put "sp?" besides words that weren't spelt right, I've kept the tradition alive. Even on MSN.

2 comments:

Philippe said...

Hahaha that "sp?" bit is so true!

And that final YouTube link is absolutely amazing, Hocky is such a great game when it looks like that.

Philippe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.